Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship
The Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship is a four-year, full-tuition scholarship that allows the recipients to attend an Indiana college or university of their choice, and is a result of a statewide Lilly Endowment initiative to help Hoosier students reach higher levels of education.
Who is eligible to apply for the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship?
- Kosciusko County residents who are a current high school senior and will receive their diploma from an accredited Indiana high school no later than June 30.
- Must be intending to pursue a full-time baccalaureate course of study at an accredited public or private nonprofit college or university in Indiana.
- Must be pursuing an academic and/or technical honors diploma at the end of their Junior year of high school.
- Must have a GPA of 3.8 of higher on a 4-point scale or 10.3 or higher on a 12-point scale at the end of their Junior year of high school.
In Kosciusko County, the Community Foundation recommends two recipients of the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship to Independent Colleges of Indiana for final selection.
The local process is “blind”, meaning that committee members do not have access to student names when reviewing applications. Consideration for the scholarship includes community service, extracurricular involvement, work experience, essay responses, academic performance, and recommendations.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit our online scholarship portal and complete the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Application. You will need to create an account the first time you apply. The application opens on August 1 and is due by September 15 at 4:30 p.m.
- Transcript: Your most recent high school transcript
- SAT/ACT Scores (optional): Applicants may choose to provide test scores. If your reported scores are not on your transcript, you will be asked to provide separate documentation
- Photo: A high quality photo of yourself from your shoulders up
Please note: All documents must be uploaded as a .pdf or .jpg, except the photo must be uploaded as a .jpg.
MEET THE 2023 RECIPIENTS
We’re thrilled to announce 2023’s Lilly Endowment Community Scholarships recipients: Jordyn Leininger and Ryun Hoffert! These two hard-working, high-achieving high school seniors were selected through a blind review process. The scholarship allows them to attend any Indiana college or university tuition-free.
The documents above can be easily uploaded by using a scanner or taking a picture with a smartphone. If you need help uploading documents, click on the How to Upload Required Attachments document in the Helpful Documents/Links section. If you need additional help, we are happy to provide this service free of charge during our office hours, M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please call 574267-1901 to set up an appointment. Your guidance office or public library may also offer this service.
Additional scholarships are available through other foundations and organizations for which you may qualify. The Questa Foundation has provided a scholarship database that provides a list of those resources at the link below.
Application & Deadlines
Non-Traditional Scholarships: Open Deadline
Traditional Scholarships: Deadline: March 15 @ 4:30 p.m., Application to open December 15
Lilly Endowment Community Scholars: Deadline: September 15 @ 4:30 p.m., Application to open August 1